Hey, Athletes! How do you prepare yourself mentally for a workout? Do you have a certain mental practice? How about for competition? This week we are talking about the mindset of elite performers.Â
On this weekâ€™s episode, we talk about how mindset is EVERYTHING! We dive into Joe’s race in Colorado this past week, Jerred’s bike race prep, and the difference in elite athletes. We break down this weekâ€™s study and find out that elite athletes attribute their achievements due to their mental state vs. their physical state.Â
We also had one of our very own Eo3 athletes on the podcast to talk about his Navy Seal Kokoro journey and his other epic event coming up later this year.Â
Lastly, we go over this weekâ€™s MYS workout called River Heist.
If you havenâ€™t already, be sure to subscribe to the Garage Gym Athlete podcast either on Stitcher, iTunes, or Google Play by using the link below:
IN THIS 73-MINUTE EPISODE WE DISCUSS:
- Mindset is Everything
- Joeâ€™s Race in Colorado and AltitudeÂ
- FUEL for 100 Mile Bike Race
- The Fact of The WeekÂ
- Navy Seal Kokoro
- River HeistÂ Â
- Concept 2 BikeÂ
- And A LOT MORE!!
If you want to go a little bit deeper on this episode, here are some links for you:Â
Study of the WeekÂ
- Lifestyles and mindsets of Olympic, Paralympic and world champions: is an integrated approach the key to elite performance?
- The general causality orientations scale: Self-determination in personality
- Exercise, physical activity, and self-determination theory: A systematic review
- When thinking about goals undermines goal pursuit
Garage Gym Athlete Workout of the WeekÂ
- “River Heist”
Be sure to listen to this weekâ€™s episode:
Related Resources at End of Three Fitness:Â
- 6 Things to Do (and 2 things NOT to do) in between sets, Using Fitness to Dig Out of Dark Places, and Patriot
- Lifting Fast, Travel Tips, & Condition Me to the Grave
Thanks for listening to the podcast, and if you have any questions be sure toÂ add it to the comments below!
To becoming better!