Hey, Athletes! How do you prepare yourself mentally for a workout? Do you have a certain mental practice? How about for competition? This week we are talking about the mindset of elite performers.
Episode 15 of The Garage Gym Athlete Podcast is up!
Running up a Mountain & the Mindset of Elite Performers
On this week’s episode, we talk about how mindset is EVERYTHING! We dive into Joe’s race in Colorado this past week, Jerred’s bike race prep, and the difference in elite athletes. We break down this week’s study and find out that elite athletes attribute their achievements due to their mental state vs. their physical state.
We also had one of our very own Eo3 athletes on the podcast to talk about his Navy Seal Kokoro journey and his other epic event coming up later this year.
Lastly, we go over this week’s MYS workout called River Heist.
If you haven’t already, be sure to subscribe to the Garage Gym Athlete podcast either on Stitcher, iTunes, or Google Play by using the link below:
IN THIS 73-MINUTE EPISODE WE DISCUSS:
- Mindset is Everything
- Joe’s Race in Colorado and Altitude
- FUEL for 100 Mile Bike Race
- The Fact of The Week
- Navy Seal Kokoro
- River Heist
- Concept 2 Bike
- And A LOT MORE!!
If you want to go a little bit deeper on this episode, here are some links for you:
Study of the Week
- Lifestyles and mindsets of Olympic, Paralympic and world champions: is an integrated approach the key to elite performance?
- The general causality orientations scale: Self-determination in personality
- Exercise, physical activity, and self-determination theory: A systematic review
- When thinking about goals undermines goal pursuit
Garage Gym Athlete Workout of the Week
- “River Heist”
Be sure to listen to this week’s episode:
Related Resources at End of Three Fitness:
- 6 Things to Do (and 2 things NOT to do) in between sets, Using Fitness to Dig Out of Dark Places, and Patriot
- Lifting Fast, Travel Tips, & Condition Me to the Grave
Thanks for listening to the podcast, and if you have any questions be sure to add it to the comments below!
To becoming better!