Hey, Athletes! Have you heard of interset strategies for training? Do you use them? On this episode we discuss 6 things to do between sets and more!Â
Episode 10 of The Garage Gym Athlete Podcast is up!
6 Things to Do (and 2 things NOT to do) in between sets, Using Fitness to Dig Out of Dark Places, and Patriot
This week the team dives into a study and goes over 6 things to do between sets and 2 NOT to do. We talk about how you should utilize interset strategies while resting between working sets in training.Â
We also interview our very own Eo3 coach, Ashley Hicks. She shares about her struggles with postpartum depression and how she was able to use fitness and nutrition to help clear the mental fog. Lastly, this week’s workout is Patriot. It was inspired by a previous podcast guest, Setema Gali, who is a former defensive end for the New England Patriots.
If you havenâ€™t already, be sure to subscribe to the Garage Gym Athlete podcast either on Stitcher, iTunes, or Google Play by using the link below:
IN THIS 65-MINUTE EPISODE WE DISCUSS:
- Updates from the team
- Interset StrategiesÂ
- Overcoming Postpartum Depression
- 6 Things To Do Between SetsÂ
- What NOT To Do Between SetsÂ
- And A LOT MORE!!
If you want to go a little bit deeper on this episode, here are some links for you:Â
Study of the WeekÂ
- Â Effect of Interset Strategies on Acute Resistance Training Performance and Physiological Responses: A Systematic Review.
Garage Gym Athlete Workout of the WeekÂ
Be sure to listen to this weekâ€™s episode:
- 6 Things to Do (and 2 things NOT to do) in between sets, Using Fitness to Dig Out of Dark Places, and Patriot
Related Resources at End of Three Fitness:Â
- Dr. Matt Jordan on Injury, Science vs. Experience, and Higher-Level Thinking
- The Brief Science on Warming Up, Warm-up DEEP DIVE, and Old McDonald
Thanks for listening to the podcast, and if you have any questions be sure to add it to the comments below!
To becoming better!