A few weeks ago I wrote the post “Getting Stronger Everyday at End of Three Fitness“, and I made the announcement that End of Three Fitness was starting to build a relationship with Blonyx, a supplement company that offers no sweetener, no preservative high quality HMB and creatine products. If you would like to know more about them read that post or head to their website - Blonyx.
Well, as a part of that article I told you I would be updating you periodically on how Blonyx is working for me. Here is update number one.
*I have not compiled enough data to provide information on CrossFit benchmark workouts or monostructural events such as (1 mile run, 5K run, etc.). This first update is strength only. The next update should include CrossFit and monostructural data.
I try to be completely transparent with all my readers about my training where you can decide if you think I am an idiot, or someone worth listening to. My training log is kept in the community forums.
- Starting weight: 179.8
- Current weight: 184.3
- How long have I been taking the supplement? 4-5 weeks
- Do you take a lot of supplements? I don’t think so. Blonyx HMB+ Creatine (twice a day) and Gold Standard Natural 100% Whey (once a day)
Understanding the graphs:
- Each week is a data point
- 3×5 week = 85% of Training Max (Training max = 90% of actual max)
- 3×3 week = 90% of Training Max (Training max = 90% of actual max)
- 5/3/1 week = 95% of Training Max (Training max = 90% of actual max)
- That is why the graphs appear to stair step up and down.
- Where “BLONYX” appears on the graph is when I started the supplementation.
- Ok, slow down, it isn’t steroids and you will see that my deadlift is the only dramatic climb. I retested all of my maxes when I started supplementation with Blonyx and found out I was a lot stronger than the numbers I had previously been working with.
- Before I started with Blonyx I had hit an obvious plateau in my shoulder press and bench press. This was the main reason I wanted to use a supplement. I knew I would need something to get through my plateau. I think Blonyx definitely helped.
- Not a lot to say here. A steady climb that is getting me closer and closer to my goals!
- I have never had a strong bench press but I was very happy to break through my plateau.
- I will probably take bench press out of my programming for a little while to focus on the Olympic lifts that better suit my goals.
A Few Notes:
- HMB and Creatine can take 2-3 weeks to get in your system (so I don’t think I have even seen the full benefits yet)
- I do not work for Blonyx, nor have I been paid to write this article. I did receive a discount on my first purchase.
- I cycle 4-5 weeks on to 1 week off with all supplements
What do you think?
Let me know if you have any questions about the graphs, my programming or anything else.