Episode 30 of The Garage Gym Athlete Podcast is up!
The team is back with an all new study and a great review over our book of the month from the book club. The team give some pretty fun updates and then dive into this week’s study about becoming more powerful. The study looks at the effects of velocity metrics and lifting faster in order to increase performance. Next, the coaches give their first book review! They give some great take aways from the book Deep Nutrition by Dr. Catherine Shanahan. Lastly, they go over this weekâ€™s Meet Yourself Saturday workout, the 1/4 Mile for Humanity!
If you havenâ€™t already, be sure to subscribe to the Garage Gym Athlete podcast either on Stitcher, iTunes, or Google Play by using the link below:
IN THIS 62-MINUTE EPISODE WE DISCUSS:
- Lifting Weight QuicklyÂ Â
- 4 Pillars for Human Diet
- Becoming Powerful and Stronger
- Â¼ Mile for HumanityÂ
- Deep NutritionÂ
- Eo3 Book ClubÂ
- Updates and Announcements
- And A LOT MORE!!
If you want to go a little bit deeper on this episode, here are some links for you:Â
Study of the WeekÂ
- Visual Feedback Attenuates Mean Concentric Barbell Velocity Loss and Improves Motivation, Competitiveness, and Perceived Workload in Male Adolescent Athletes.
Articles to Review
- Taking Your Strength from Toyota to Lamborghini
- The Missing Element in your Strength Program
- CrossFit Will Make You Weakerâ€¦
Garage Gym Athlete Workout of the WeekÂ
Be sure to listen to this weekâ€™s episode:
Related Resources at End of Three Fitness:Â
Thanks for listening to the podcast, and if you have any questions be sure to add it to the comments below!
To becoming better!