Hey all! I feel like all I do now is say “what up” from different locations in the US. Well…What up from Wells, Vermont!
I am chilling in a cabin on a lake for my first official northeastern vacation. That is why I missed my blog post on Monday, don’t want to ‘work’ on vacation. But today is a rainy day and I love to write in the rain. If you have emailed me or contacted me in any way you will get a full response when I get back next week :).
Enough of that…today, we have more important things to cover!
The Eo3 Fitness Army!
It is quite impressive to see and hear from people around the Eo3 community. We are still smaller than some other communities out there (for now), but where we lack in numbers we make up for with sheer awesomeness.
I may have put the train on the tracks but it is all of you who are deciding where we go…and I love it!!
Characteristics of the Eo3 Fitness Army
1.) Form over fashion
- A cool term that means the Eo3 Army cares more about doing things correctly as opposed to how ‘cool’ they look.
2.) Muscles for go, not muscles for show
- While we all want to look good, to some degree, without clothes. It is more important to be able to do certain things than it is to look a certain way.
3.) Strength rules all
- One thing that seems to ring true with all the of the Eo3 community members is the importance of strength. The women realize that strong is the new sexy and men know that raw strength is the coolest thing on the planet.
4.) Not afraid to roll up the sleeves
- The Eo3 Army is not afraid to do it themselves with a DIY project, a recipe in the kitchen or even rolling around in the dirt for a workout.
5.) General lack of interest in fitness norms
- The Eo3 Army doesn’t like to be spoon-fed. We do not enjoy being told how to do everything. We like to be shown the door and we will decide if it is good enough for us. Muscle mags and popular workout DVDs are generally seen as taboo and…useless.
6.) Mental toughness practitioners
- The Eo3 Army knows that the only way to get better at fitness and to accomplish more in life is to become mentally tough. That is why we always go for the extra rep, the extra push, and the extra bit of effort that will make us better than yesterday.
7.) Mutual Respect
- The Eo3 Fitness Army has a strong sense of mutual respect for each other and others. Mutual respect is what does, and will, always separate us from other poorly crafted fitness communities.
Put in the simplest form I could come up with:
Destroy the fitness norms and spread the word.
- Breaking free of the “bi’s on Monday and chest on Tuesday” or “45 minutes on the elliptical while watching TV and talking on a cell phone” routine does not come easily. The current fitness culture has a stronghold on what “should” be done. Every time you encounter a new method, diet or routine the first thing you should do is dissect it…question everything.
Try things you’ve never done
- Just because you don’t do it doesn’t mean you shouldn’t do it. For instance, just because you don’t run, swim or do Olympic lifting doesn’t mean you shouldn’t try it every once in a while. Maybe you can even try to create or play a new sport to challenge your coordination and athleticism. The point is to never get too focused because then you become bad at everything expect for one thing. It is the jack-of-all-trades argument…don’t get me started.
Fight to be fit
- One thing I will never tell you is how easy it is to be fit. Exercise normally isn’t even the hardest part of being fit, it’s everything else that makes being fit hard. Any combination of things can add to you challenges: school, work, family, errands, [insert your hurdle here]. The objective is to fight to be fit! Make others around you aware of the fact that fitness is important for you and you will see that others will understand and be a little more accommodating. Even if they are not fit themselves, in which case you should SPREAD THE WORD!!
Help at least one person
- I try not to push fitness on anyone. Well, maybe I will a few times, but after that I don’t want to force anyone to do something that they genuinely hate. However, some people just need that push. If you see that person out there, help them out.
As the Eo3 Fitness Army grows stronger it will mold and develop into even more of an awesome rebel fitness army!
Thanks for being a part!
Completely off topic…but if you know me or have looked at my list of physical accomplishments on the my revolution page, you know I would like to, one day, complete Paul Smith’s Kong workout.
Well I got to meet freaking Paul Smith at the CrossFit Games two weeks ago!! He makes me look like an ant!