This week Talon and Jerred simply drank 32 oz. of ice cold water, took cold-hot contrast showers for 5 min. of 20 seconds cold – 10 seconds of warm and took mile-long walks in the cold keeping hands, feet, and head warm to test out cold thermogenesis…and the results were pretty interesting!
We tested it in an attempt to see how it would modify fat and weight loss, but there are other benefits associated with cold thermogenesis as well such as:
- Lowering body fat
- Increasing hormone levels
- Improving sexual performance and fertility
- Lowering blood sugar
- Cutting food cravings
- Improving adrenal function
- Fixing thyroid issues
- Enhancing immune function
- Improving deep sleep quality
- Increasing pain tolerance
- Reducing inflammation
Thermogenesis is the process of heat production in mammals. Cold Thermogenesis is heat production stimulated by exposure to cold temperatures. Being cold activates brown adipose tissue, or BAT, is primarily found around your collar bones, sternum, neck, and upper back. It is a unique kind of fat that can generate heat by burning the regular white fat (adipose tissue) found on a your stomach, butt, hips, and legs.
In this 33-minute episode Talon and Jerred discuss:
- What cold thermogenesis is and how they performed the experiment
- Our different approaches to tackling the cold each day
- Talon’s dramatic weight loss and Jerred’s lack thereof…
- Our honest opinion on whether or not it is something we will continue
- And whether or not we think it is better-human approved or disapproved!