Hey, Athletes! What time of day do you train? Is it based on schedule or because you think you can get stronger at a certain time? Listen to this episode to find out the best time to train!
This week we have Jerred, Joe, Ashley, and VD! They get right to it with updates and announcements before diving into the study. This week’s study examines how the time of day at which you train can affect strength and conditioning gains. Then the crew go over this week’s topic: gut health! They give some of their tips and practices in order to improve your gut health. Lastly, this week’s Meet Yourself Saturday workout is “Backbone”.
If you haven’t already, be sure to subscribe to the Garage Gym Athlete podcast either on Stitcher, iTunes, or Google Play by using the link below:
IN THIS 59-MINUTE EPISODE WE DISCUSS:
- Gut Health
- Ashley finally got a rower
- VD-the move is coming!
- Why you should be a GGA
- Best Time to Train
- Updates and Announcements
- And A LOT MORE!!
If you want to go a little bit deeper on this episode, here are some links for you:
Studies for the Week:
- Effects of morning versus evening combined strength and endurance training on physical performance, muscle hypertrophy, and serum hormone concentrations.
- Neuromuscular Adaptations to Combined Strength and Endurance Training: Order and Time-of-Day.
- Exercise-induced stress behavior, gut-microbiota-brain axis and diet: a systematic review for athletes.
- Benefaction of probiotics for human health: A review.
- Supplementation of Probiotics and Its Effects on Physically Active Individuals and Athletes: Systematic Review.
- The Gut-Brain Connection: How it Works and The Role of Nutrition
- Exercise and the Gut Microbiome: A Review of the Evidence, Potential Mechanisms, and Implications for Human Health.
- Seeking an Obesity Cure, Researchers Turn to the Gut Microbiome
- Exercise Changes Our Gut Microbes, But How Isn’t Yet Clear
Garage Gym Athlete Workout of the Week
Be sure to listen to this week’s episode:
Related Resources at End of Three Fitness:
Thanks for listening to the podcast, and if you have any questions be sure to add it to the comments below!
To becoming better!