Hey, Athletes! Do you have certain rest days for your training? Do you adhere to a strict amount of rest days per week? What if I told you it doesn’t matter as long as you got the work in? Listen to this week’s podcast to find out all about Timing of Rest Days and more!
This week on the podcast we dive into our weekly updates. Jerred is preparing for his upcoming 100-mile bike race and gives us a look into how he’s prepping for it. Joe is officially cleared from PT but might be implementing a few techniques he learned along the way.
For this week’s study, we compare training over consecutive days vs spreading your training out. Does the timing of rest days matter and affect your performance? We also reveal a new concept and give a peek behind the curtain to our next cycle.
This week’s MYS workout is Sally’s Revenge and we give you some good tips on how to tackle it!
If you haven’t already, be sure to subscribe to the Garage Gym Athlete podcast either on Stitcher, iTunes, or Google Play by using the link below:
IN THIS 50-MINUTE EPISODE WE DISCUSS:
- Anatomical Geometry
- Jerred’s Race Prep
- Sally’s Revenge
- Joe’s Discharge from PT
- Fat Breathers…what?!
- Concurrent Training
- Timing of Rest Days: Does It Matter?
- And A LOT MORE!!
If you want to go a little bit deeper on this episode, here are some links for you:
Study of the Week
- Effects of Consecutive Versus Non-consecutive Days of Resistance Training on Strength, Body Composition, and Red Blood Cells.
- A review of resistance training-induced changes in skeletal muscle protein synthesis and their contribution to hypertrophy.
- Time course of recovery following resistance training leading or not to failure.
- Effects of Resistance Training Frequency on Measures of Muscle Hypertrophy: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.
- Nonconsecutive versus consecutive-day resistance training in recreationally trained subjects.
- Research: Changes in body composition, body build and performance associated with different weight training frequencies in males and females.
Garage Gym Athlete Workout of the Week
Be sure to listen to this week’s episode:
Related Resources at End of Three Fitness:
- The Passion Paradox and Peak Performance with Brad Stulberg
- Concurrent Training: Three Steps to Becoming a Dangerously-effective Athlete
Thanks for listening to the podcast, and if you have any questions be sure to add it to the comments below!
To becoming better!