Betterhumanology Podcast: Season 2 Episode 23
If you havenâ€™t already, be sure to subscribe to the podcast either on Sticher or iTunes by using the links below:
In this week’s episode IÂ talk to James FitzGerald!!
Ok, we nerd out on programming, becoming better and building businesses 🙂
James has found a desire and passion to understanding fitness through assessment, testing, research, programming and more. He has had many years experience as an athlete from early childhood into adulthood, from playing top-level soccer, short and long distance running to CrossFit where he was crowned â€œThe Fittest on Earthâ€, Winner of the 2007 CrossFit Games.
In this 61-minute episode we discuss:
- ProgrammingÂ Empirically. Something I am veryÂ interested in is programming with math,Â evidence and how to properly move an athlete through a program the right way.Â
- The Whole Athlete. Iâ€™d also like to talk about coaching an athlete as a whole person from sleep, emotional well-being, fitness and all thatÂ entails. I think a lot of coaches miss out here, and I think he would have veryÂ valuable information to share.
- I also put him up to answering questions like… “Say there is a nationwide curriculum implemented, the president calls you up and says you are responsible for one chapter of the book. Every single child in America will have to read your chapter and be tested on, and pass,Â before they can graduate high school. Whatâ€™s your chapter about?”…
- We also talk about hisÂ vision,Â and business
Of course, James doesn’t leave the show without being asked THE questions….
- Hardest workout he’s ever done…
- In his opinion, the best activity for building mental toughness…
- If you could only have one piece of equipment to train with for the rest of your life, what would it be (i.e. barbell, tire sled, whatever, etc.)?
- Best advice JAMES has for becoming a better human? This is 100% open-ended.
This Weekâ€™s Better Human Bullets from James FitzgeraldÂ
- Fitness challenge this week:Â 1 min ALL OUT Assault Bike
- Mental ToughnessÂ Challenge =Â Time to be aware every day
- Book Recommendation =Â Way of the Superior Man
How you can connect with James:Â
Thanks for listening!