Betterhumanology Podcast: Season 2 Episode 21
If you havenâ€™t already, be sure to subscribe to the podcast either on Sticher or iTunes by using the links below:
In episode 21 of season two, we interview Zach Even-Esh!!
This week we have an interview with Zach Even-Esh on how the mentality of being good enough will be the death of greatness. We cover A LOT more than that, as I put Zach up to coming up with this week’s challenges and we go deep on a few topics from changing the world to the hardest workout he’s ever done.
If getting better is your thing, this podcast is a MUST-LISTEN!!!
In this 61-minute episode we discuss:
Why Zach has the quotes; “No easy dayâ€,Â â€œHe is best who is trained in the severest schoolâ€,Â “Anything worth doing is worth overdoing, moderation is for cowardsâ€ on the wall in one of his gyms and what it means to him…
I also put him up to answering questions like… “Say there is a nationwide curriculum implemented, the president calls you up and says you are responsible for one chapter of the book. Every single child in America will have to read your chapter and be tested on, and pass,Â before they can graduate high school. Whatâ€™s your chapter about?”…
We also talk about Zach’s vision, what he’s getting better at and A LOT more!!
Of course, Zach doesn’t leave the show without being asked THE questions….
- Hardest workout he’s ever done…
- In his opinion, the best activity for building mental toughness…
- If you could only have one piece of equipment to train with for the rest of your life, what would it be (i.e. barbell, tire sled, whatever, etc.)?
- Best advice ZACH has for becoming a better human? This is 100% open-ended.
This Weekâ€™s Better Human Bullets from Zach Even-EshÂ
Fitness challenge this week:Â
- Squat Jump
- Lunge Jump
- Clapping Push-up
More advanced athletes do 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1, or wear 20-40 lb. vest, or BOTH!!
- Mental ToughnessÂ Challenge = For one full week, don’t lose your temper
- Book Recommendation = Turning Pro by Steven Pressfield
How you can connect with Zach:Â
Thanks for listening!