Betterhumanology Podcast: Season 2 Episode 15
If you haven’t already, be sure to subscribe to the podcast either on Sticher or iTunes by using the links below:
In episode 15 of season two, we interview Matt Frazier from No Meat Athlete!!
No Meat Athlete was founded in 2009 by Matt Frazier, at about the same time he went vegetarian. Six months later, Matt qualified for the Boston Marathon with a time of 3:09:59 at the Wineglass Marathon, over 100 minutes faster than his first marathon time seven years prior.
In June 2010, Matt ran his first 50-mile ultramarathon, and has run several more ultras and marathons each year since.
When he’s not running, cooking, or blogging, Matt enjoys reading, gambling, music, and brewing beer. He lives in Asheville, North Carolina with his wife, son and two rescued dogs, and is the author of the up book, No Meat Athlete: Run on Plants and Discover Your Fittest, Fastest, Happiest, Self.
This Week’s Better Human Bullets
- Fitness challenge = The Push-up Grid
- Mental Toughness Challenge = A 100-List
- Book Recommendation = Ego is The Enemy
In this 57-minute episode we discuss:
- How Matt became a vegetarian, then vegan and runs ultramarathons!
- The pros, cons and common objections to being Vegan and an Athlete
- What Matt’sTraining Looks Like
- Goal setting
- And a lot more!!
Thanks for listening!