This week is all about MURPH. We are publishing early because we know a lot of people will be doing the workout on Monday.
We get into the weeds with MURPH. Some of the myths, how to prepare and executing the workout. If you are doing MURPH this weekend or anytime definitely check this one out. Who better to give MURPH advice than from the guy who did it every saturday for a year??
LT. Michael P. Murphy (SEAL) was the officer-in-charge of a four-man SEAL element in support of Operation Red Wings, tasked with finding a key anti-coalition militia commander near Asadabad, Afghanistan. A fierce gun battle ensued on the steep face of the mountain between the SEALs and a much larger enemy force. Moving away from the protective mountain rocks, he knowingly exposed himself to increased enemy gunfire to radio his position to SOF Quick Reaction Forces. Though injured, LT. Murphy fought on, allowing one member of his team (Marcus Luttrell) to escape, before he was killed. For his selfless actions, LT. Michael Murphy was posthumously awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor on October 27, 2007. We honor his sacrifice and memory though The Murph Workout.
If you haven’t already, be sure to subscribe to the podcast either on Sticher, iTunes, or Google Play by using the links below:
- Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to Subscribe via Stitcher
- Click here to Subscribe on Google Play
This Week’s Better Human Bullets
- FitnessChallenge – MURPH! (what else) But get a GOOD warm up, 10 minutes of mobility before, and a light 10 minute row or activity post MURPH.
- Mental Toughness Challenge-Â Also MURPH! but set yourself a pace at theÂ beginning and keep with that pace, plus really REALLY push that final mile.
- Book Recommendation-Â own the day own your life Â & Â Endure
Â Connect/Further Resources:Â
Thanks for listening!