This week, we have Dr. Theresa Larson on the podcast!
Dr. Theresa Larson (aka â€œDr. Tâ€) has become one of the fitness worldâ€™s most sought-after experts on movement health. Dr. Larson earned her doctorate in physical therapy from the University of Saint Augustine in San Diego, CA. A former Marine Corps Engineer Officer and Combat Veteran, Theresa also played professional softball in Italy as well as semi-professional softball in the United States, was an All- American Division I softball player at Villanova University, as well as a former Body-for-Life Champion. Theresa founded Movement Rx with her husband in 2013 in order to break free from the limitations that traditional physical therapy puts on practitioners and patients. The result was a company where skilled practitioners can authentically treat patients with the time, care, and movement education they deserve.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Dr. T’s transition from Marine to Doctor of PhysicalÂ Therapy
- How she lived and overcameÂ a severe eating disorder
- Why she launched a digital platform to help more humans
- How to Dig out of Dark Places
- Why journalingÂ is such an important practice
- How to change your state
- Why high-touch in-person coaching will always be relevant
If you haven’t already, be sure to subscribe to the podcast either on Sticher, iTunes, or Google Play by using the links below:
This Week’s Better Human Bullets
- FitnessChallenge – 10-secondÂ descent and ascent in any movement; veryÂ slow movement
- Mental Toughness Challenge – 10 minutes per day sit in stillness and quietness and focus on ONE thing
- Book Recommendation(s):Â
Â Connect/Further Resources:Â
Thanks for listening!