Today, we have an awesome podcast episode from Dawn Fletcher from Mentality WOD!
I was pretty amped to have Dawn on the podcast because I have always been intrigued by her work. On top of that, during the course of the interview, I found out Dawn and I have A LOT in common in our mental approach to life and fitness.
Her fire and passion show, and I love it!
Dawn works with athletes who want to perform their best in the sport of fitness. She also writes on many topics like reducing life stress, improving relationships, increasing motivation, and living into your purpose.
And we cover a lot of these topics in this podcast episode.
Dawn is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, a Level 3 CrossFit Coach and she has a Master’s Degree in Kinesiology with a focus in Sport Psychology. She’s pretty awesome!
Today, she shares her experience and expertise with us!
In this 42-minute episode Dawn and I discuss:
- How to learn which thoughts are holding you back and how to change them.
- The best way(s) to remain cool under pressure and stress.
- How to understand your doubts, fears and anxieties so you can benefit from them.
- How to shift your attention quickly and effectively to what matters most.
- Why being optimistic, grateful and confident are imperative.
- And a BIG one here: Committing to the process
Then we hop into the quick-fire questions:
- Hardest workout she’s ever done.
- Dawn’s opinion on the best activity for building mental toughness.
- The one piece of workout equipment she could not live without.
- Best advice you have for becoming a better human? This is 100% open-ended.
If you want to know more about Dawn and what she’s doing, do so here:
- Mentality WOD
- Mental Strength eBook
- Mentality WOD Instagram
- Mentality WOD Facebook
- Mentality WOD Twitter
Thanks for listening!