This week we have Dr Cake Shanahan whoÂ specializes in the promotion of health and reversal of disease using traditional food as a first line of treatment. She is also the author of Deep Nutrition (highly recommend picking up).
We talk about the science of burning fat and why some diets work for some people but not others. Also how your mitochondria could be sick which is why you can’t burn fat or be the cause of certain diseases and how to fix them (spoiler, less carbs).
She gives us a sneak peak on her next book that is still in the publishing phase so this is a great opportunity.
If you haven’t already, be sure to subscribe to the podcast either on Sticher, iTunes, or Google Play by using the links below:
- Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to Subscribe via Stitcher
- Click here to Subscribe on Google Play
This Week’s Better Human Bullets
- FitnessChallenge –Â Pre-hab your body so you don’t hurt when you get out of bed
- Mental Toughness Challenge- Read chapter 7 of her book (Deep Nutrition) and try to explain cholesterol to a friend.
- Book Recommendation-Â Deep Nutrition
Â Connect/Further Resources:Â
Thanks for listening!