This week, we have Dr. Zachary Long to discuss blood flow restriction training, injury-proofing yourself, and becoming a better human. Here’s the show breakdown:
- [1:30] 10,000 Copies of Garage Gym Athlete (https://garagegymbook.com/)
- [2:53] Fitness Challenge — Reach Roll & Lift (https://www.thebarbellphysio.com/reach-roll-and-lift/)
- [4:14] Mental Toughness Challenge — Find Your Weakness and CRUSH IT!
- [5:20] Book Recommendation — Raving Fans (http://amzn.to/2qJrrmT)
- [6:09] Who is Dr. Zachary Long…?
- [8:11] Biggest Improvement Needed in Physical Therapy
- [12:10] Best Way to Injury-Proof Yourself
- [15:03] Stabilization Equipment — The Yoke
- [17:17] Importance of Stabilization in Your Programming
- [20:21] Blood Flow Restriction Training 101
- [23:31] How to do Blood Flow Restriction Training
- [25:40] Cons to Blood Flow Restriction Training
- [27:44] Is Blood Flow Restriction worth adding to your training, or just a fad?
- [30:01] Blood Flow Restriction Training and Endurance Training
- [32:03] Blood Flow Restriction Training Product Recommendation (no official endorsement here)
- [35:45] How to Start with Blood Flow Restriction Training
- [37:22] THE Book Question
- [41:11] Common Problems for Intermediate to Advanced Athletes
- [42:55] Quick-Fire Questions
- [45:55] THE QUESTION: Best Advice on Becoming a Better Human
- [47:17] Where to Learn More about Dr. Zachary Long
If you haven’t already, be sure to subscribe to the podcast either on Sticher, iTunes, or Google Play by using the links below:
- Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to Subscribe via Stitcher
- Click here to Subscribe on Google Play
This Week’s Better Human Bullets
- Fitness Challenge – Reach, Roll, & Life (20x)
- Mental Toughness Challenge – Find Your Weaknesses and Crush It!
- Book Recommendation– Raving Fans
- The Barbell Physio
- The Best Blood Flow Restriction Bands and Devices
- The Science of Blood Flow Restriction Training
- The Application of Blood Flow Restriction for Performance Gains
Thanks for listening!