Hey, Athletes! What kind of training do you do? We here at End of Three Fitness use concurrent training. We explain how it works and give you the facts on how it affected athletes in this week’s study!
This week Ashley joins the guys on the podcast! We break down concurrent training and why it is the method we have chosen here at End of Three Fitness. This week’s study is about concurrent training and why it works. They tested different athletes in areas of strength, endurance, and both strength and endurance. Take a guess at which of the athletes tested better overall…or just listen to the podcast and you’ll find out! We also sum up Jerred’s concurrent training pyramid and what each layer looks like.
This week’s Meet Yourself Saturday workout is one of the longest and toughest ones. It really earns its name-Broken Arrow!
If you haven’t already, be sure to subscribe to the Garage Gym Athlete podcast either on Stitcher, iTunes, or Google Play by using the link below:
IN THIS 56-MINUTE EPISODE WE DISCUSS:
- Concurrent Training
- Updates from the Team
- Being Consistent, Yet Meeting Yourself
- Broken Arrow
- The Fact of the Week-Supplementation
- The Concurrent Training Pyramid…or Taco??
- Ashley’s Favorite War Movie
- And A LOT MORE!!
If you want to go a little bit deeper on this episode, here are some links for you:
Study of the Week
- Interference of strength development by simultaneously training for strength and endurance.
- Concurrent Training for the Powerlifter, Part 1: An Introduction and Background
- Concurrent Training: Three Steps to Becoming a Dangerously-effective Athlete
Garage Gym Athlete Workout of the Week
Be sure to listen to this week’s episode:
Related Resources at End of Three Fitness:
- Dr. Amy Bender on Sleep, Chronotypes, Caffeine, Wearables, and MORE!
- Body Geometry: How to Keep Athletes Safe, Healthy, and Optimal
Thanks for listening to the podcast, and if you have any questions be sure to add it to the comments below!
To becoming better!