It is finally over!! I completed MURPH 52 times!!
Yes, I did the MURPH Workout every week for 52 weeks. I did it every Saturday…NO. MATTER. WHAT.
Here’s how you can get caught up:
- Scroll through my Instagram where I posted almost every single Murph, my thoughts, times, etc.
- Read through all the results here: MURPH 52 Times: The Numbers
- For questions on gear, supplements, thoughts at the halfway point you’ll want to read my article: “In the Weeds with MURPH”
- For some of my best advice on the workout you’ll want to read “How to Not Suck At MURPH (actually, how to crush MURPH)”
In total, MURPH was… 110 miles. 5,500 pull-ups. 11,000 push-ups. 16,500 squats (ended up doing 55 total MURPH workouts). Performed the workout in 7 different states and one being completed at nearly 7,000′ elevation. Some were in snow, most were in extreme heat (thank you Texas), but all of them were In memory of Navy Lieutenant Michael Murphy, 29, of Patchogue, N.Y., who was killed in Afghanistan June 28th, 2005 and I often had on my mind all others who made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom. Did I PR my last MURPH?? Yes, I did!! A 40 sec PR (with a vest) and some extreme effort! Thanks to all who have followed along on this journey and to all those still taking this challenge…keep it up!!
You can catch up on this by reading these two articles:
If you haven’t already, be sure to subscribe to the podcast either on Sticher, iTunes, or Google Play by using the links below:
- Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to Subscribe via Stitcher
- Click here to Subscribe on Google Play
This week, we hash out me doing MURPH 52 times over the course of the last year.
This Week’s Better Human Bullets
- Fitness challenge = MAX 30:30 sets barbell push press with “hell rest” (30 seconds max reps, 30 seconds resting in full locked out barbell overhead). Repeat until failure.
- Mental Toughness Challenge = No “maybes” this week. Either YES or NO.
- Book Recommendation = Rising Strong: The Reckoning. The Rumble. The Revolution.- By Brené Brown
In this 58-minute episode Talon and I discuss:
- How Complacency is Insidious
- The Real Secret to Health and Fitness
- The Brutality of MURPH #52
- The Hardest MURPH
- The Most Rewarding MURPH
- Is Jerred the FITTEST he’s EVER been…??
- AND…Jerred’s 3-Step Process for Implementing Something for the long-haul
Thanks for listening!
(NOTE: Want 31 Days of Bodyweight Training for free? Are you looking to step it up a notch? Want to do real training? Can you bring some intensity? 31-day Bodyweight Workout Program –> Get FREE access here.)