“Don’t aim at success. The more you aim at it and make it a target the more you’ll miss it. For success, like happiness, cannot be pursued. It must ensue. And it only does so as the unintended side-effect of one’s personal dedication to a cause greater than oneself. Or as the byproduct of one’s surrender to a person other than one’s self. Happiness must happen. And the same holds for success. You have to let it happen by not caring about it. Listen to what your conscience commands you to do, and go on and carry it out to the best of your knowledge. And you will live to see that in the long run, success will follow you precisely because you have forgotten to think about it.” -Victor Frankl
- Weekly Challenges
- Book Recommendation
- New habit Formation
- Why don’t people try hard enough?
- Belief/Placebo Effect (and it’s true power)
- Freud vs. Frankl – Finding The Meaning of Life
Listen below to learn more:
Betterhumanology Podcast: Season 2 Episode 31
If you don’t want to listen here, be sure to subscribe to the podcast by clicking on one of the links below.
AND…If you are enjoying the podcast, please take a moment to leave us a 5-Star Review and positive comment!! It goes a long way and really helps the show reach more people.
This Week’s Better Human Bullets
MENTAL TOUGHNESS CHALLENGE
- Listen to this Podcast at 1.5x or 2x
New Habit Recommendation for Sleep:
- Vibrating Alarm
- The one I use: Casio Men’s GD350-1B G-Shock Black Watch
Other Resources Mentioned in the Podcast:
- The Science Behind Miracles: http://eo3.fit/2kDfl9z
- The top-down influence of ergogenic placebos on muscle work and fatigue: http://eo3.fit/2kDm03G
- Emotion regulation strategies used in the hour before running: http://eo3.fit/2kDvfkx
- Pleasure principle (psychology)
Thanks for listening!