Hey all! I hope the holiday season has treated you well, and that it continues to do so. 2012 was a great year for End of Three Fitness, but there is always room for improvement. Each year I like to look back at what happened at End of Three Fitness, what was popular and what did and didn’t go well.
I will be taking short break after this post and not posting again until the release of One Man One Barbell on January 3, 2013. I am doing my best to avoid burnout and re-energize my batteries for a great 2013 at End of Three Fitness!
The Most Popular posts of 2012
Here are the top six most popular posts, according to Google, in 2012.
- How to Build a Plyometric Box
- Practically Paleo Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- The DIY Corner
- 5 Tips for a Sub 20 min 5K
- Ridiculously Awesome, yet brief, guide to double unders
- I Don’t Always Eat Paleo, but When I do, I Use Infographics
Here are my top six picks from 2012. Something I enjoyed writing or feel was the most helpful.
My Top 6 Picks
- Simple(ish) Ways to Build Mental Toughness
- 1920′s Knew Fitness, We Just Forgot…
- 5 Unconventional (fitness) Warfare Tactics
- Are You Fit Enough to Survive a Zombie Apocalypse??
- Eo3 Guide to Nonconformity – Better Human Time
- How to Use Evernote to Dominate Your Fitness
What went well… What didn’t go so well…
What Went Well in 2012
- Published in a Magazine – I was published in the 2012 CrossFit Games issue of WODTalk Magazine. It was pretty cool to get handed a magazine at the Games and see your name in it.
- Went to the CrossFit Games – Thanks to my good friend Rowan at Blonyx, I was able to go to the CrossFit Games this past summer. It was an amazing experience. Oh, and I met Paul Smith.
- Art of Manliness Guest Post – Long before I ever started my own blog I would read the Art of Manliness on a daily basis; simply because it is an amazing blog. Early this year I submitted my DIY Prowler guest post, and they published it. It was awesome to work with Brett at AoM and I hope to do it again in 2013.
- Subscribers – I didn’t even start email subscribers till the end of January or the beginning of February, so in less than a year Eo3 has gone from 0 to over 1,300 subscribers. Glad to have all of you! And thanks for being here!
- Eo3Fit – Eo3Fit has evolved into a daily WOD site and elite programming for those who are interested. I think Eo3Fit is really helping build the Eo3 community, and I plan for Eo3Fit to take on a big role in 2013.
What Didn’t go Well
- My Quest/Revolution – I got a lot of the strength training goals knocked off of my list, but I really wish I had done more. I guess it’s like anything else…if you don’t have a plan, nothing will happen. I need to be more proactive about what I want to get done and when.
- Forums – The forums here are mediocre, at best, for as much traffic as Eo3 gets now. I am still a little puzzled about this one. I have ideas…
- Time Management – I have gone from being a time management ninja, to completely forgetting all about it, to recently picking it back up. Juggling a full-time job, a family, Eo3 and other projects can prove to be quite the balancing act. I know it is all possible…because I’m doing it, but I need to manage the time a little bit better.
- Reach – While I did get the opportunity to guest post at the Art of Manliness, I haven’t been extremely proactive in reaching out to other bloggers and sites in the fitness world. Something I am lacking in…relationship building.
- Training – My training has been the best, at times, and the worst, at times, this year. I was originally looking to make it to regionals for the CrossFit Games, but ever since I have moved to Florida my training hasn’t been as serious. I have been training, but not as hard as I need to. My wife says I am too hard on myself. Because I say stuff like that, but I have also PR’d on snatch twice in the last three weeks…but it’s never good enough
A look to the future: World Domination in 2013?
A lot of big plans for Eo3 in 2013!
- One Man One Barbell – One Man One Barbell will be released right at the beginning of 2013!
- Fallen Hero Project – The Fallen Hero Project will wrap up in May – I think we will make it!!
- New Forums or No Forums – Depending on the forum involvement, I am thinking of doing a complete overhaul on the forums…or getting rid of them. It seems like the community is growing towards Eo3Fit more than forums…we shall see.
- Guest Posts – I will be actively seeking out new guest posts around the blogosphere and trying to get Eo3 out to the rest of the world.
- Structured Posting – I am going to attempt to be a little more structured with my posting at Eo3. One structure I would like to follow is frequent 6-week challenges at Eo3Fit. The first one went so well….why not!?
And more…but I would like to hear from you.
Here’s your chance…What do you want to see at Eo3 in 2013??